HEMODIALYSIS PRESCRIPTION FOR TECHNICIAN
# WHAT IS HEMODIALYSIS?
Hemodialysis is used when your kidneys lose their function. In this procedure, a special filter or machine is used to clean or filter your blood. Hemodialysis is also called an artificial kidney.
Kidneys clean our blood but when they are no longer effective, then we use Hemodialysis.
# WHAT SHOULD THE TECHNICIAN DO?
A dialysis technician works for patients who need Hemodialysis. They work with patients, nurses, and doctors to treat kidney failure and all kidney-related problems. They also make sure to solve any problem related to dialysis equipment and make it run smoothly.
Technicians play a vital role in the Hemodialysis field. They work so dedicatedly for patients and provide excellent care and full attention to them.
When a kidney doesn’t do its job properly, dialysis machines remove all metabolic waste from the blood and make it easier for patients to live their life happily. All this process can be managed by dialysis technicians.
A dialysis technician is very professional in his work. He monitored all procedures, maintained equipment and adjusted according to patients’ requirements. He works with patients who are suffering from kidney disorders and require Hemodialysis.
# MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, ROLES, AND DUTIES
- The technician can check and monitor the activities of patients after and before the dialysis.
- They clear all the doubts relating Hemodialysis to the patient.
- For patients who do not have any idea about the dialysis process, technicians will educate them.
- They maintain and clean dialysis machines and equipment.
- They will manage all the dialysis sessions and clean machines and dialysis equipment.
- They are assembling the machine and also make sure that it is working properly before processing the treatment.
- They will be observing patients and maintaining a stressless environment to cheer the patient.
- Before the treatment, they explain the a-z process to patients so they are at ease.
- They also help to provide emotional support to the patient.
- They are working with nurses and doctors and listen to all the orders nicely.
- They provide knowledge to the patients about dialysis before the treatment so that they receive positive vibes.
A dialysis technician works with the patients and doctor and assembles the machine and equipment, also making sure to make it clean and sterile and also checking if it is working nicely or in order or not. The technician examines the patient’s kidney, and charts then administered anesthesia, then inserts needles, and starts Hemodialysis. During dialysis, the technician examines the fluid rates and adjusts them as needed, and also checks anticoagulants. The technician should respond to an emergency alarm, and ring patients when they need something. After the Hemodialysis, the technician should switch off the dialysis machine and also clean and sterilize it properly, and then record a patient’s signs and symptoms.
Other technicians may work only with machines and not with patients. They trained that way.
# JOB ASPECTS AND SALARY
The job description may include: –
- They can set up equipment and machines by cleaning and sterilizing them.
- They explain all the bad and good about treatment to the patients.
- They prepare patients physically and mentally for the treatment.
- They can measure a patient’s symptoms and vital signs before, during, and after the dialysis process.
- Using venepuncture, they treat patients with kidney failure.
- They can monitor patients, and check their blood pressure and also their family history.
- They are trained so nicely to handle stressful reactions of patients and their family members and deal with them smartly.
The salary description included: –
A dialysis technician works usually full-time, but in many hospitals, there are part-time openings that are possible. The technician should be experienced in his field and also choose a location that is near to their home. It is important for both in-home Hemodialysis and hospital Hemodialysis.
- The salary of technicians in the U. S. is $24.38 per hour.
- Also, salary ranges from $7.25 to $55.65 per hour in many places.
# DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN WORK ENVIRONMENT
A dialysis technician can work very professionally. Technicians work in both hospitals and clinics, and also some can work at home as a home Hemodialysis technician. Dialysis technicians have to work with medical technologies used in the dialysis process.
# BECOMING A HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN
The technician career is excellent. If you want to be in this profession and build your career in this, there are some points mentioned below: –
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
For Becoming a technician, you should complete your high school education which is your 10th and 12th before progressing into this career.
- PARTICIPATING IN TRAINING
Should practice and train in Hemodialysis before working in any hospital or center. Should search for internships while studying in college.
- SHOULD HAVE A LICENCE
Hemodialysis is required to receive a license from the state. A license from the state is very important for getting a job in any hospital or clinic.
- GET CERTIFIED
After completing your dialysis technician training, you have begun working in this field, you are also eligible to have certification.
- CREATE RESUME
Your resume should be written nicely and make sure to highlight your best skills which are adjusted in any application and also for a specific posting.
A dialysis technician should need a high range of skills, including:
- PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAILS
As a Hemodialysis technician, it is important to pay close attention to important details to prevent mistakes and errors regarding treatment. The dialysis technician is responsible for complete treatment and so to ensure that all machine settings are correct throughout the session of Hemodialysis.
- SHOULD BE MULTITASKING
A technician should be clever, smart, and also capable of handling tough situations and multiple responsibilities at one time to prevent any mistakes during dialysis.
- CONCENTRATE ON TECHNICAL SKILLS
A technician should comfortably manage all technical issues regarding dialysis machines and equipment.
- TEAMWORK IS NECESSARY
The technician should do teamwork with patients and doctors and also learn to work patiently with the whole medical team to make sure that the patients should not face any problems.
- COMMUNICATION IS NECESSARY
Should have the ability to clearly and nicely communicate with others and most importantly with patients. It is very essential for a dialysis technician. This behavior can make patients happy and tension free.